Saturday, April 28, 2012

In My Dreams

Dear Joey, I never thought it would be so hard or hurt so much to say goodbye, I knew it would hurt and I knew it would be hard but this pain is insane. In the years following our first meeting were rocky but we quickly developed a friendship that would be amazing. I don't think the hit I am taking is one that anyone expected, and I didn't think I would either. The truth it is killing me, I can't believe I had to say goodbye. You were only 18, so young and so much potential. From the first time I met you, I considered you my nephew. I am so thankful for the memories we shared and jokes we played. I loved our "boxing matches", jokes, and hanging out on the couch. I miss making you watch The Hills with me, I miss helping you with your homework. Thank you for the dreams in which you visted me. My dream after your funeral where you smiled and told me that you were okay and last nights. Last night when you visted and we talked about everything and the hug you gave me. What we talked about is too personal to post but thank you. I needed it, I needed to hear you say "I love you" one last time, and to give me a hug and hold me while I cried. I love you nephew, and I miss you.

No comments: